Monday, June 30, 2008

John talks up faithfulness, heart and firm feet; plus, the latest on Madonna & Guy, Jen & Ben, Brad & Angelina, Britney, Justin, Mary-Kate and many mo

John Mayer isn't exactly keeping his bologna hole closed when it comes to his romance with Jennifer Aniston, even if his responses require a bit of reading between the lines.

In a sit-down with USA Today to plug his newly launched tour and live CD/DVD, "Where the Light Is," he handily turns a direct question about his A-list honey of two months into a statement of self-affirmation.

"All I can tell you is that I have made every decision in my life with complete authenticity," pronounces the crooner. "My feet are firmly on the ground. If you do things from the heart, it feels awesome."

Mayer also mentions that he's happy to be back on tour and supporting "the message that I'm a musician, because there's been a lot of periphery lately."

Some well-toned, perfectly coiffed, paparazzi-hounded periphery.

"I don't have a problem with my privacy as much as I have a problem with people messing with my message," he explains. "If you're going to take pictures of me doing mundane stuff, will you at least take pictures of me playing guitar? Because right now it looks like all I do is drink coffee and do dry cleaning and go eat dinner."

Still, if the "Goonies"-loving chatterbox hopes to shift the focus back onto his pop ditties, perhaps he should suggest that Aniston keep her distance while he's on the road.


Jen looks perky after winging to Europe, while John still seems in need of some caffeine outside an Amsterdam coffee shop.

The Los Angeles Times reports she rendezvoused with Mayer earlier this week in Amsterdam, where he was performing, and he was supposedly spied exiting her hotel Tuesday morning.

The actress, who may or may not tag along on John's tour dates in England this week, did manage to squeeze in some work while she was in the pot-tolerant town, attending a press conference to promote her forthcoming doggie-centric flick, "Marley & Me."

But the gab-fest was strictly business, says the paper, with reporters under strict orders not to ask Aniston or leading man Owen Wilson any questions about their private lives.

Mayer, on the other hand, doesn't mind getting personal, at least about certain things.

"I've never cheated on anybody, so you won't have anybody coming out the woodwork saying that I have," the former flame of Jessica Simpson, Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Love Hewitt declares to the London Telegraph. "Instead of worrying about career damage, I've dated women."

Heck, he even shares his head-scratchingly successful wooing technique.

"All I've ever done was decided that I fancied somebody, and said, 'Would you like to go out and get a meal somewhere?' And done so in a social setting, where other people can see you," expounds Mayer. "And then maybe, 'Would you like to go have another meal?' Maybe did that a few times."

He also reveals his method for extricating himself from a romance that isn't working out: "And then, when I realized that I didn't wanna wrong anybody by continuing, said, 'I'd rather be a great friend to you than a bad boyfriend.' I swear to God, I have a really good track record!"

That stance is seemingly confirmed by a nugget in the New York Post, which claims he gave sometime squeeze Minka Kelly a buzz to let her know his romance with Aniston was about to go public.

"Minka received a call from John prior to the story breaking about his relationship with Jennifer," a snitch tattles to the paper. "He apologized to Minka, 'Sorry, but I'm really in love.'"

The spy says the "Friday Night Lights" starlet found it funny (as in strange, not ha-ha), because "during his relationship with her, John mentioned, 'I don't really get this Jennifer Aniston thing.'"

Meanwhile, Mayer also wants you to know he's not only a nice guy to date -- he's fun to hang out with.

"I think I'm a good beer-buddy," he asserts to the Telegraph. "The only people I rub up wrong are the people who think I shouldn't be having this good a time, the people who go, 'No one man should be that happy.'"

One person Mayer has apparently rubbed the right way is Aniston's pal David Arquette, who channels Tony the Tiger when asked about the lovebirds, telling Us, "They're great!"

1 comment:

nlooks said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information..
Best Makeup Artist in Paschim Vihar
Best smoothning salon in delhi